Pumps are at the heart of most water distribution processes. Domestic water, cooling towers and A/C water recirculation, storm and wastewater removal, and pools and spas filtration systems are the most common applications where pumps play a vital role.
Because of their high importance, and as any mechanical piece of equipment, routine checkups and maintenance are necessary to ensure proper functioning, efficiency, and to avoid service interruptions.
At Con-Mech, Inc, we can help you to identify potential or existing problems in your pumps, as well as to conduct periodic check-ups and maintenance routines tasks like:
- Checking Mechanical Seals and Bearings
- Couplers and Shaft Alignment
We work with and service the most common types of pumps found in commercial applications, either centrifugal or positive displacement, providing solutions to correct deficiencies and eliminate waste of energy.
Energy Savings and Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) Installation
Motors that drive pumps often consume significant amount of energy. In most cases the installation of a Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) is a great solution that translates into diminishing the cost associated with operating the motor, not only by saving money on electricity but also by decreasing the mechanical stress suffered by the system when starting always at full speed. Some advantages of installing a VFD are:
- System Ramps-Ups slowly: Avoid “water hammers” and excessive mechanical stress at starting.
- Saves Energy: Motor speed can be controlled depending on actual demand. Without a VFD it always run at full speed.
- Improved Control by Matching Speed to Changing Load Requirements.
- Lower Maintenance Costs: Lower speeds reduce wear and tear and provide longer live to bearings, seals, and couplers